Sunday, January 26, 2014

We are more than conquerors.

This is new.
I'm sitting in my kitchen writing this, letting the gentle breeze awaken the spirit in me; the sun's rays far reaching into my soul, warms the cold that I've always subconsciously built against the one whom I love dearly. And he knows. Yet he never stops loving me.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I feel the wind touching the hair on my face. That strand of hair is blown across my face, lays its hand on my nose and I smell the familiar piquant fragrance of shampoo. That other strand of hair reaches out across to my lashes, playing with the tips-- engaging them in a child-like dance, with tickles and teddy-bear warmth.

His faithfulness makes me want to be faithful too. I guess that's what they called Love. Love is reciprocal. Love draws you to goodness. And goodness warms the heart, affirms the convictions, emanates the peace that calms the storm or makes the raindrops sweet enough to make one smile. Smile.

Smile. What a powerful expression.


The first time I read this passage was for a death.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
'For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.'

No, in all these we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers,
neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:35-39

I don't know about the future, tomorrow or 5 days later. I only know that right now at this moment, I return to you, and because of this moment I have renewed hope for the future. I will try again to give more of myself to others. I mustn't be afraid to give my life to you, for you to give to others. This is my daily conversion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home